Step by step process:
1. Obtain an application from Ventura County Sheriff Records and Licensing at 800 S. Victoria Ave. Ventura Ca
2. Complete application, do not spend too much time on the section asking you to list guns. You could leave it blank or put down “not sure”. The only guns that will be put on your permit will be the ones that you can pass the training course with. Of course you can write down as many as you want, it will not matter. But do not rush out and purchase a gun just to complete that line!!
3. Return completed application and wait for interview.
5. Get trained!! It will take the Sheriff up to 1 year to process your application. It will take the average person at least several months to recieve the proper training from TACFIRE.
6. After the interview you will be notified that you either “do not meet the criteria” or that you are “pre-approved” and need to return to records and licensing to get your finger prints taken.
7. It takes approximately 30 days to process your fingerprints. If they come back OK than they will ask for a course completion certificate and other testing material so that they can complete your permit.
8. The permit will be good for 2 years and may have restrictions.
We at TACFIRE take this CCW concept very seriously. Our training is very comprehensive and includes: handgun selection; holster selection; support gear; how to conceal the handgun; how and where to carry your permit and other ID; ammunition selection; how to challenge the threat and control them; How not to shoot every time you present the pistol and Most of all we will teach you to be safe and to avoid the need to use deadly force!!